Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in five states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) with additional sites under development in Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota. Pinnacle works under the names Pinnacle Treatment Centers, Recovery Works and Endeavor House and are known well in the communities in which it operates.
Pinnacle operates on a multistate basis and work seamlessly with personal lifestyles and schedules. Pinnacle’s goal is to provide service convenient to all people to make the journey more manageable. The majority of our locations accept insurance and many accept Medicaid.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
We are currently seeking experience Case Managers to join our team at our Alliance Medical location in Johnstown, PA.
Alliance Medical has an exciting opportunity to be a part of our Center of Excellence. We are looking for an experienced Case Manager who will provide coordination and linkage to other community services and agencies and provide ongoing case management and follow up for patients.
- Assess new referrals for appropriate level of care referral.
- Admit new patients to MMT as appropriate.
- Determines need for therapeutic medical, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations.
- Coordinates services with counselors and medical case managers.
- Monitors cases by verifying patient attendance, observing and evaluating response to treatment, advocating for needed services, obtaining additional resources, intervening in crises, and providing general support.
- Communicating patient progress through weekly interdisciplinary meetings.
- Assist with discharge plans and aftercare referrals.
- Provide resources to other team members.
- Participate in required annual training.
- Participation in the Learning Network.
- Travel as necessary to assist with referrals, educating the community on services provided, and attendance at Learning Network functions.
- Follow a team work philosophy when needed to assist in covering duties of absent staff.
- Act in accordance with Pinnacle Treatment Center policies and federal confidentiality laws (42-CFR, Pt 2)
Knowledge and Skill
Individuals selected for this position will have the required credentials, and will be expected to be skilled in case management as demonstrated through education, and experience.
The work environment for this position is typical of that found in most office settings, and provides limited exposure to hazardous equipment or situations. Case Managers are expected to know and practice universal precautions to avoid contracting or spreading communicable diseases. There is some driving associated with the position for the attendance of meetings, trainings, and care coordination; therefore, Case Managers are required to maintain a current driver’s license and insurance
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service
Experience in care coordination preferred
*Valid/Current Driver’s License
*Local travel may be required
To apply for the position, please click here.
We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package, paid time off, and the opportunity for professional development and advancement.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.