Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in five states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) with additional sites under development in Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota. Pinnacle works under the names Pinnacle Treatment Centers, Recovery Works and Endeavor House and are known well in the communities in which it operates.
Pinnacle operates on a multistate basis and work seamlessly with personal lifestyles and schedules. Pinnacle’s goal is to provide service convenient to all people – to make the journey more manageable. The majority of our locations accept insurance and many accept Medicaid.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
We are currently seeking experienced Certified Recovery Specialists to join our team at our Alliance Medical location in Johnstown, PA.
Alliance Medical has an exciting opportunity to be a part of our Center of Excellence. Under supervision, the Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) provides peer support services, serves as a patient advocate, provides patient information and peer support for patients in emergency, outpatient , and inpatient settings. The CRS performs a wide range of tasks to assist patients in regaining control over their lives and recovery process. The CRS will model competence in recovery and coping.
Following the guidelines set by the employer, the CRS will interact safely and effectively with patients to:
- Assist patients in articulating personal goals for recovery
- Assist patients in determining reasonable and holistic steps moving toward recovery
- Assist patients in identifying barriers to recovery goals
- Assist patients in identifying personal strengths in daily living and recovery skills
- Observe and reinforce positive progress that patients make toward recovery goals
- Teach problem-solving skills
- Teach patients to identify and combat negative self-talk
- Teach patients how to identify and overcome fears
- Support the vocational choices patients make and assist them in overcoming job-related anxieties and conflicts
- Assist patients in building social skills by demonstrating and reinforcing proper conduct and respectful interaction
- Assist non-patient staff in identifying program elements that are supportive or destructive to recovery
- Attend treatment team meetings and medication appointments as requested to represent the needs and perspectives of the patient
- Utilize his/her unique recovery experience to teach and role model the value of every individual’s recovery experience.
- Maintain effective coping and self-help techniques.
- Continue to develop professional skill by maintaining certification through required coursework
- Attend relevant seminars, staff in-service trainings whenever offered
- Investigate community resources for appropriateness of services to patients
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with patients and avoid dual relationships within the community
- Support treatment team objectives and strategies
- Fulfill documentation requirements of employer accurately and in a timely manner
- Use inclusive, culturally appropriate language and attitudes with all clients and staff
- Meet job expectations as specified in the Employee Handbook.
Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Self-identify as a current or former patient. Must be maintaining healthy recovery from substance abuse. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to meet written communication requirements. Must be able to verify completion of state-approved training program and passing score on certification exam.
To apply for the position, please click here.
We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package, paid time off, and the opportunity for professional development and advancement.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.