|at Recovery Works-South Shore|
|Location||South Shore, KY|
This position oversees all clinical staff and programs. This position demands maintaining a high level of performance by providing clinical guidance, direction, training,assessment, and feedback for all clinical staff to address the needs of the population we serve. The position requires working independently and under minimal supervision and demands a clear knowledge of the agencies’ policy and procedures including disciplinary and grievance adherence.
- Assures compliance of the clinical program with CARF and all state, federal, local, and governing body policies. Assists in all surveys and inspections.
- Serves as the “billing supervisor” and will be required to co-sign and date notes recorded by a behavioral health practitioner under supervision and to record a monthly supervisory note which reflects consultations between the supervisor and the practitioner working under supervision.
- Serves on the Executive Committee of the Professional Staff and/or Utilization review committee.
- Evaluates the clinical needs of the institution and develops appropriate training to address identified needs.
- Supervises and facilitates clinical privileging for clinical staff members.
- Insures timely and complete documentation of treatment services through regular review of records.
- Presents material in seminars, individual and group counseling when necessary, as well as supervising the education aspects of the clinical program.
- Assists professional staff in resolving program and treatment difficulties as may be encountered, supervises assigned personnel providing group and individual counseling/therapy. Assists in planning individual treatment program and activities. Assures continuing staff effectiveness for assigned area of responsibility, provides for counseling and guidance to individual staff; monitors family treatment program.
- Provides for continuing professional development of assigned staff; reviews individual development goals, progress and evaluation and certification progress and results.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information to assure resident rights are protected.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the medical profession, referral sources, EAPs and other health related facilities and organizations through formal working and transfer agreements. Network and marketing to promote the program and maintain a positive community relationship.
- Assess the needs of the participants through outcome surveys, suggestions and meetings to assure consistent, quality care for the population we serve to include follow-up with adjustments of the development of the program.
- Directly communicates to the Executive Director and administrative staff and follow up with periodic updates to address immediate concerns and approval of all administrative decisions that affect the clinical staff and program.
Must be a behavioral health (BH) professional who is licensed to practice independently, which could include one or more of the following: Licensed psychologist (LP), licensed psychological practitioner (LPP), Licensed clinical social worker (LCSW); Licensed professional clinical counselor (LPCC); Licensed professional art therapist(LPAT), Licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT); Physician, APRN; licensed behavior analyst (LBA); 5 years of direct experience in working with clients and families, including 12 hours of specialized training, or a licensed certified professional as listed in 908KAR1;370.8(2)2.a-m,and 20 hours of Alcohol and Drug Training annually
Master’s Degree from an accredited educational institution in an appropriate behavioral science, mental health discipline or recognized helping profession.
Minimum Work Experience
- Multiple years of experience in the field of alcohol and drug addiction to include group, individual counseling with skills of treatment planning and case management
- Multiple years of experience with supervision and/or management of clinical services of an alcohol and drug addiction program and support staff.