|at Recovery Works – Merrillville|
Clerical / Service
We are Recovery Works, a 42 bed Residential Treatment Center located in Merrillville, Indiana. We are a part of Pinnacle Treatment Centers. We are seeking an experienced cook to work full-time with benefits. This is a great opportunity to work in a new commercial kitchen with a caring staff and have benefits which include medical, dental, life, vision insurance, and generous paid time off and match on the 4-1-k. Hours are dayshift with some week-end days.
The Cook is a part of a team and is responsible for at least three (3) meal preparations a day, several days a week including some week-ends for a staff of up to 42 residents and staff. They are expected to clean the kitchen and share the responsibilities above with our other full time cook.
Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities both inpatient and residential, in eight states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia,Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio). Pinnacle works under the names Pinnacle Treatment Centers, Recovery Works and Endeavor House and are known well in the communities in which it operates.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient,medication assisted treatment and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
High School Graduate or equivalent, previous cooking experience in hospitality, healthcare or residential services preferred
Prior experience in preparing and serving 3 meals a day for at least 42 residents and staff
Able to pass background check and drug test
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare nutritional meals by following the dietitian-approved menus provided.
2. Document weight all food cooked, number of servings, number of clients, number of staff and guests, whether it is USDA or not, on Production List and Meal Count Sheet.
3. Maintain the temperatures of all cooling units on a daily basis.
4. Once a month an inventory must be done all food and supplies.
5. The food houses must be cleaned at least once a month, checking for damaged or spoiled food.
6. Must follow all Health Inspection Codes.
7. Maintain record of all food that is damaged, spoiled or destroyed.
8. Responsible for all necessary cleaning of the kitchen on a daily basis including: washing dishes, wiping down cabinets, cleaning the dining room, sweeping etc.
9. Preparation of extra snacks that are used throughout the evenings.
10. Attend all training directly associated with their position and duties.
Please apply by opening this link or send resume to Julia.email@example.com