|at Stateline Medical|
Professional / Administrative
Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in five states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) with additional sites under development in Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
We are currently seeking experienced CADC Counselors to join our team at our Stateline Medical location in Phillipsburg, NJ.
About Stateline Medical:
Stateline Medical was founded in 1988 as a privatem for-profit program primarly designed to treat opioid additiction to individuals 18-years and older. The program has since expanded to include non-medication assisted treatment in both outpatient and intensive outpatient settings.
About the Position:
Coordinate all treatment aspects of a client’s drug and alcohol treatment program for assigned clients including family and group therapy. Providing counseling services to patients in accordance with New Jersey State and Federal regulations as well as agency policies and procedures.
- Interface with the director and other program staff in decision-making process involving clients to include attending all clinical meetings.
- Assess the counseling needs of the client
- Assessing client for substance abuse diagnosis using DSM criteria in determining appropriate level of care based on ASAM criteria
- Obtain previous records that are relevant to the current treatment episode
- Preparing and providing the substance abuse counseling portion of the client treatment plan
- Development of the client discharge/continuum of care plan to ensure movement to the appropriate levels of care.
- Documenting all counseling and education services, assessments, reassessments, referrals and follow-up in the client’s clinical record.
- Provide coordination of support services for the client/family and record the services provided in the client’s clinical record.
- Contact and coordination with referral sources, (i.e. legal, school, employer, etc.)
- Facilitate needed interventions for crisis-orientated issues utilizing a multi-disciplinary team approach for assigned clients.
3 years experience in substance abuse and/or related field preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree specializing in psychology and/or counseling from an accredited college.
- Shall be a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor or Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Substance abuse counselors in training who are not LCADC or CADC shall:
a. Be enrolled in a course of study leading to certification as a CADC or LCADC;
b. Receive in-service training;
c. Be trained and evaluated before being assigned counseling responsibilities;
d. Make satisfactory progress toward certification, with such progress reviewed and documented by the facility at least semiannually;
e. Become credentialed within three years of the date of hire by the facility
f. Represent not more than 25 percent of total counseling staff within three years;
g. Be counted towards the patient to counselor ratio only when the counselor in training has completed his or her in-service training and been evaluated by the Director of Substance Abuse Counseling prior to being assigned counseling responsibilities
We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package, paid time off, and the opportunity for professional development and advancement.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.