|at Mt. Pocono Medical|
|Location||Mt. Pocono, PA|
Professional / Administrative
Mt. Pocono Medical has an exciting opportunity to be a part of our Center of Excellence. We are looking for an experienced Crisis Worker to work evening and weekend all call services in order to triage emergent referrals.
This is a Grant Funded position.
· Provide brief intervention and assess new referrals for appropriate level of care referral.
· Coordinate referrals with case management staff.
· Provide support and understanding for potential patients and their family members as they navigate the referral system.
· Provide resources to other team members.
· Participate in required annual training.
· Participation in the Learning Network.
· Travel as necessary to assist with referrals at local hospitals and agencies, and attendance at Learning Network functions.
- Follow a team work philosophy when needed to assist in covering duties of absent staff.
- Act in accordance with Pinnacle Treatment Center policies and federal confidentiality laws (42-CFR, Pt 2)
Knowledge and Skill
Individuals selected for this position will have the required credentials, and will be expected to be skilled in brief intervention and referral services as demonstrated through education, and experience.
The work environment for this position is community based as it is an on-call position. Crisis Workers are expected to know and practice universal precautions to avoid contracting or spreading communicable diseases. There is some driving associated with the position for face to face referral meetings, training, and Learning Network activities; therefore, Crisis Workers are required to maintain a current driver’s license and insurance
High School Diploma/GED, Associates Degree in Human Services or CRS preferred.
Must be willing to work on-call evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Valid/current driver’s license.