Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in five states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) with additional sites under development in Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Nursing to join our team at our Ocean Medical Services location in Toms River, NJ.
About the Position:
Responsible for providing medical services directly to clients and for maintaining the
appropriate records and medical files per State and Federal regulations. Assist with the
development and changes of policies and procedures for medication administration as well as
oversight of the pharmacy.
1. Oversee the nursing team, including medication services, admissions and lab services.
Supervision shall occur at least monthly or more often if warranted by client health needs.
2. Develop schedules for nursing team and provide coverage when needed to fill gaps to ensure
all shifts are covered within the facility.
3. Provide oversight of inventory, ordering, receiving and accountability of medication / inventory
control in conjunction with the other pharmacy personnel as required by the DEA and state
4. Ensure the Diversion Control Plan is in place and is enforced at all times within the facility.
5. Consult in the development of the policies and procedures for medication administration or
assistance with self-administration of medication or both.
6. Administer / dispense medication under the direction of the physician.
7. Ensure the treatment plan of the physician or Medical Director is adhered to within the
8. Administer and interpret Mantoux testing.
9. Schedule appointments for clients to see the physician, provide lab work and referrals for
additional follow up care.
10. Provide training to nursing staff in medical and health / safety matters as well as properly
maintaining medical equipment.
11. Assess client response to treatment and medication dosage/interactions and determine
appropriateness for dosing.
12. Participate in case conferences, offering professional observations.
13. Must document Nursing Progress Notes on all clients
14. Order medical supplies, maintain a proper inventory and record of use as per regulations.
15. Maintain all medical records including but not limited to individual charts, daily medication
charts, dosage records, progress notes, Doctor’s orders, etc., as required.
16. Educate clients about methadone/buprenorphine and their side effects. Counsels clients re:
personal hygiene, abnormal lab results, HIV/AIDS testing, and all medical matters including
changes in treatment.
17. Discuss with physician and staff important changes in treatment or noted patterns of
behavior affecting treatment.
18. Provide referral for specialized care at local health centers (e.g., Planned Parenthood,
prenatal clinic, HIV/AIDS testing sites, etc.) and follows-up on clients’ attendance and
19. Other related duties as assigned.
Current license in the state of New Jersey
Prior experience with chemical addiction and /or mental disorders
Prior knowledge and /or experience with regulations and standards including infection control, quality assurance, and patient care compliance for state licensure.
To apply for the position, please click here.