We are Covedale Treatment Center and we are seeking an experienced Substance Abuse Counselor to work full time at our Medically Assisted Treatment Center in Covedale Ohio near Cincinnati ,Ohio, scheduled to open this summer. The hours are 5:30AM to 2:00PM M-F with a rotating Saturday schedule. We are a part of Pinnacle Treatment Centers.
Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities both inpatient and residential in eight states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio). Pinnacle works under the names Pinnacle Treatment Centers, Recovery Works and Endeavor House and are known well in the communities in which it operates.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and medication assisted treatment and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
Job Summary: This individual shall initially oversee all aspects of a client’s drug and alcohol treatment program. Responsible for the coordination and continuity of care from admission through discharge and follow-up of the patients. Promote Performance Improvement and service delivery that is aligned with the agency’s primary mission.
- Ensure the completion of patient databases, treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, and other essential documentation in accordance with applicable federal and state standards as well as agency policies and procedures
- Provide patient with orientation regarding objectives of the program, phase system requirements, rule and regulations, sanctions, hours of services, patient rights, and additional information to help patient adjust to the program
- Assure each patient is assessed and placed according to the treatment phases in accordance with Federal and State standards as well as company policies
- Keep all patient files organized and updated for own and company use in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Counsel patient in crisis situations by identifying patient resources and coping abilities in order to help patient cope with and take steps to resolve crisis
- Counsel patient who has refused to comply with specific program requirements in order to increase patient awareness of possible consequences of noncompliance
- Arrange referrals to other agencies and resources in the community when appropriate.
- Perform treatment plan reviews
- Participate in case conferences and case reviews in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Develop and increase knowledge of federal, state, and agency regulations regarding confidentiality, methadone treatment, and substance abuse counseling certification
- Submit all internal and external correspondences to supervisor for review and approval
- Secure necessary documentation from patient, when appropriate, to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (CDCA)
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science or nursing required
LCDCll Licensed Chemical Dependancy Counselor
Please apply by opening this link