Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in five states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) with additional sites under development in Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
We are currently seeking an experienced Medical Assistant to join our team at our Pulaski Medical location in Pulaski, VA.
To administer and coordinate medical services necessary for all clients within the Facility; assist and be responsible for clients during appointments.
To promote Performance Improvement and service delivery that is aligned with the agency’s primary mission.
- Works as part of the intake team to ensure clients are seen promptly.
- Obtain lab work, and urine drug screens.
- Observe same sex urine samples, test onsite and package for laboratory.
- Ensure the treatment plan of the physician or Medical Director is being followed.
- Giving and interpreting Mantoux Testing.
- Makes appointments for clients to see physician, provide lab work and referrals for additional follow up care.
- Assists in training staff in medical and health and safety matters as well as assisting in properly maintaining medical equipment.
- Maintain and keep updated all medical records and documentation pertaining to the clients.
- Maintain contact with community medical personnel.
- Purchasing and ordering of medical supplies.
- Educates clients about methadone maintenance and detoxification as well as side effects and provides education to clients on lab results and all medical matters.
- Assists in education with pregnant patients about prenatal care and assists primary counselor in coordinating outside services as needed.
- Assists Office Manager with front desk duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Management Team.
Certification as Medical Assistant or Registered as Medical Assistant in VA
To apply for the position, please click here.