|at Mt. Pocono Medical|
|Location||Mt. Pocono, PA|
Professional / Administrative
Mt. Pocono Medical has an exciting opportunity to be a part of our Center of Excellence. We are looking for an experienced Medical Case Manager to provide coordination and linkage to other medical practices and agencies and provide ongoing case management and follow up for patients.
This is a Grant Funded position.
· Assess new referrals for appropriate medical level of care referral.
· Assist the Physician or Physician Asst. with medical evaluation during admission.
· Determines need for therapeutic medical evaluations.
· Assist patients in identifying PCP’s, specialists, and other medical practitioners.
· Coordinates services with counselors and case managers.
· Monitors cases by verifying patient attendance, observing and evaluating response to treatment, advocating for needed services, obtaining additional resources, intervening in crises, and providing general support.
· Communicating patient progress through weekly interdisciplinary meetings.
· Assist with discharge plans and aftercare referrals.
· Provide resources to other team members.
· Participate in required annual training.
· Participation in the Learning Network.
· Travel as necessary to assist with referrals, educating the community on services provided, and attendance at Learning Network functions.
- Follow a team work philosophy when needed to assist in covering duties of absent staff.
- Act in accordance with Pinnacle Treatment Center policies and federal confidentiality laws (42-CFR, Pt 2)
Knowledge and Skill
Individuals selected for this position will have the required credentials as outlined by their licensing body, and will be expected to be skilled in medical knowledge as demonstrated through education, certification, and experience.
The work environment for this position is typical of that found in most office settings, and provides limited exposure to hazardous equipment or situations. Medical Case Managers are expected to know and practice universal precautions to avoid contracting or spreading communicable diseases. There is some driving associated with the position for the attendance of meetings, trainings, and care coordination; therefore, Medical Case Managers are required to maintain a current driver’s license and insurance
Valid/current driver’s license