Alliance Medical has an exciting opportunity to be a part of our Center of Excellence. We are currently seeking an experienced Medical Case Manager to join our team in Johnstown, PA.
The Medical Case Manager position will provide coordination and linkage to other medical practices and agencies and provide ongoing case management and follow up for patients.
- Assess new referrals for appropriate medical level of care referral.
- Assist the Physician or Physician Asst. with medical evaluation during admission.
- Determines need for therapeutic medical evaluations.
- Assist patients in identifying PCP’s, specialists, and other medical practitioners.
- Coordinates services with counselors and case managers.
- Monitors cases by verifying patient attendance, observing and evaluating response to treatment, advocating for needed services, obtaining additional resources, intervening in crises, and providing general support.
- Communicating patient progress through weekly interdisciplinary meetings.
- Assist with discharge plans and aftercare referrals.
- Provide resources to other team members.
- Participate in required annual training.
- Participation in the Learning Network.
- Travel as necessary to assist with referrals, educating the community on services provided, and attendance at Learning Network functions.
- Follow a team work philosophy when needed to assist in covering duties of absent staff.
- Act in accordance with Pinnacle Treatment Center policies and federal confidentiality laws (42-CFR, Pt 2)
- Establish care coordination relationships with local physicians and medical providers
- Coordinate patient medical care and referrals and provide on-going case management for medical services
Education and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Valid/Current Driver’s License
- Individuals selected for this position will have the required credentials as outlined by their licensing body, and will be expected to be skilled in medical knowledge as demonstrated through education, certification, and experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
To apply for the position, please click here.