Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in five states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) with additional sites under development in Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
We are currently seeking an experience Medical Records Technician to join our team at our Endeavor House location in Kearny, NJ.
About Endeavor House:
Endeavor House North is home to our medically supervised Detox unit, short-term residential rehabilitation program and the Intensive Outpatient Program. The facility it housed in the former West Hudson Hospital.
The inpatient facilities feature semi-private rooms, a dining room, recreation areas, a variety of group meeting rooms, medical facilities and clinical offices.
About the Position:
The individual performs specialized clerical work in preparing, recording and filing of client medical records in accordance with clearly defined and established procedures as set forth by CARF. Work requires the application of specialized knowledge of medical terminology in the coding and indexing of medical records.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collates and assembles discharged client records according to department guidelines within 24 hours of discharge.
- Prepares master client index cards and files accordingly.
- Analyzes discharge records and check contents and documentation for completion and accuracy within 24 hours of discharge (72 on weekends and holidays).
- Codes and performs record abstracting with accuracy.
- Re-routs incomplete records to appropriate staff and insures record completion by working with appropriate supervisor on a daily basis.
- Receives processes and logs any correspondence requesting information from the medical record department on a daily basis.
- Completes with accuracy of monthly statistical data.
- Monitors discharge records to insure closure within appropriate time frames to meet standards.
- Monitors release of information forms for proper completion to insure client’s rights are protected.
- Monitors and updates privacy practices in policy and procedures to maintain compliance with State, Federal and CARF guidelines.
- Establish mechanisms for information authorization practices, controls and internal audits of access to protected information.
- Document procedures for processing, storing, retrieving and destroying all records that contain protected information.
- 1-2 years’ experience in medical record field;
- Skills needed: Time Management, Organization, and Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Documentation Skills, Written Communication, and Data Entry
To apply for the position, please click here.
We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package, paid time off, and the opportunity for professional development and advancement. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.