Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in five states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) with additional sites under development in Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
We are currently seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner to join our team at Davies Treatment in Owensboro, KY.
Job Summary: Provide diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and follow-up under the supervision of 1 or more physicians in the practice. Conduct complete physicals, provide treatment and counsel patients. Order and interpret test results and recommend treatment of patients. Administer therapeutic procedures. Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of physician.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral. Discusses case with physician and other healthcare professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by physician.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population while administering quality patient care.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance), CARF, and state regulatory standards.
- Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, and Quality and Standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives.
- Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or “hands-on training” and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
Valid APN License
Experience working in a Behavioral Health/Psychiatric environment is preferred