|at WKY Medical|
SUMMARY: This is a Part-Time position
Nurse Practitioner/Physician assistant will administer and coordinate medical services necessary for all clients within the Facility; assist and be responsible for clients during appointments.
- Understands how to administer/dispense medication under direction of physician.
- Works with and helps trains RNs and LPNs on staff to provide quality medical care to clients.
- Ensure the treatment plan of the physician or Medical Director is being followed.
- Giving and interpreting Mantoux Testing.
- Makes appointments for clients to see physician, provide lab work and referrals for additional follow up care.
- Assists in training staff in medical and health and safety matters as well as assisting in properly maintaining medical equipment.
- Maintain and keep updated all medical records and documentation pertaining to the clients.
- Maintain contact with community medical personnel.
- Shall assist in the development and revision of policies and procedures for medication compliance.
- Provide training for staff development specific to health care needs i.e. CPR, First Aid, Blood Pressure, etc.
- Purchasing and ordering of medical supplies.
- Educates clients about methadone maintenance and detoxification as well as side effects and provides education to clients on lab results and all medical matters.
- Educates pregnant patients about prenatal care and assists primary counselor in coordinating outside services as needed.
- Shall not be dually assigned as counselor.
- Conducts Intake and Physical Exams under the direction of the Medical Director or Physician.
Minimum Qualifications: Certification as Advanced Nurse Practitioner