Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in five states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) with additional sites under development in Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
We are currently seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our team at our Ocean Monmouth Medical location in Brick, NJ.
About the Position:
Monitor and coordinate all nursing and medical care of clients in the absence of the nursing manager. Represent nursing staff at committee meetings as required.
1. Administer/dispense methadone in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
2. Ensure that adequate recording of the administration/dispensing transaction has occurred.
3. Ensure that the treatment plan of the physician and/or medical director is being followed.
4. Giving and interpreting of the Mantoux test.
5. Assess client response to treatment and medication dosage/interactions and determine appropriateness for dosing.
6. Participate in case conferences, offering professional observations.
7. Must document Nursing Progress Notes on all clients
8. Orders medical supplies, maintain a proper inventory and record of use as per regulations.
9. Maintains all medical records including but not limited to individual charts, daily medication charts, dosage records, progress notes, Doctor’s orders, etc., as required.
10. Makes appointments for clients to see physician; obtains lab work-ups and checks with clients to see that appointments are kept.
11. Educates clients about methadone/buprenorphine and their side effects. Counsels clients re: personal hygiene, abnormal lab results, HIV/AIDS testing, and all medical matters including changes in treatment.
12. Discusses with physician and staff important changes in treatment or noted patterns of behavior affecting treatment.
13. Provides referral for specialized care at local health centers (e.g., Planned Parenthood, prenatal clinic, HIV/AIDS testing sites, etc.) and follows-up on clients’ attendance and treatment.
14. Assists in organizing transfers of clients to and from the program; verifies methadone dosage verbally with nurse of other program.
15. Other related responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting in training staff in medical matters and client care; attendance at professional meetings as required; assists Doctor during physical examinations; keeps dispensing room clean and orderly; maintains medical equipment.
16. To possess the knowledge and understanding of how to recognize and manage an opiate
17. To understand the clinical benefits and limitations of urine screens, toxicology, and other
18. To be culturally competent.
19. Must be knowledgeable of agency policies and procedures.
20. Other related duties as assigned.
Current license in the state of New Jersey.
Current CPR/First Aid Certification.
Prior experience with chemical addiction and/or mental disorders including psychopharmocotherapy.
Prior knowledge and/or experience with regulations and standards including infection control, quality assurance, and patient care compliance for state licensure.
To apply for the position, please click here.
We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package, paid time off, and the opportunity for professional development and advancement.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.