Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in five states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) with additional sites under development in Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
We are currently seeking an experienced Residential Aide to join our team at our Endeavor House location in Kearny, NJ.
About Endeavor House:
Endeavor House North is home to our medically supervised Detox unit, short-term residential rehabilitation program and the Intensive Outpatient Program. The facility it housed in the former West Hudson Hospital.
The inpatient facilities feature semi-private rooms, a dining room, recreation areas, a variety of group meeting rooms, medical facilities and clinical offices.
Handling and serving residents in a manner conducive to their safety, dignity, privacy, security and comfort. Support and maintain an atmosphere of recovery. Provide superior resident care services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Communicating appropriately with peers, supervisors and clients as dictated by patient’s rights and code of ethics policies.
- Serve as a liaison between clinical and medical to communicate information about behavior and well being so that the client may receive additional care, when requested.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living that are within scope of admission criteria.
- Provide structure and redirect patients as needed based on rules, directives, policies and protocols.
- Document incidents, actions and behaviors.
- Monitor, redirect and support clients in dealing with staff and peers. Assist clients in coping with conflict situations and take a proactive approaching in preventing these situations.
- Facilitate and monitor clients during supervised outings. Manage departure and arrival process for unsupervised outings.
- Perform physical and belongings search on clients as per policy.
- Compassion, empathy and understanding of the behaviors associated with the disease of addiction.
- Assist clients in making appropriate decisions regarding immediate behavior and actions.
- Any other responsibility as assigned.
- Supervise client self administration of medication, where applicable.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- CPR/ First Aid Certification.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Medical Certification and appropriate immunizations as indicated by State Division of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Regulations.
- Ability to handle feedback and direction in support of continuous improvement.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner as dictated by corporate policy and compliance.
To apply for the position, please click here.
We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package, paid time off, and the opportunity for professional development and advancement.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.