|at Pinnacle Treatment Centers|
We are dayton Treatment Services, a new Outpatient Medication Assisted/Opioid Treatment Center that will open this summer in Dayton, Ohio. We are a part of Pinnacle Treatment Centers. We are currently seeking an experienced RN’s with supervisory experience and Medical Assisted Treatment/Behavioral Health experience to join our team. Hours are 6AM -2PM, it fulltime position with benefits.
Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in five states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) with additional sites under development in Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
FUNCTION: To administer and coordinate medical services necessary for all clients within the Facility; assist and be responsible for clients during appointments. To promote Performance Improvement and service delivery that is aligned with the agency’s primary mission.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing medical services directly to clients and for maintaining the appropriate records and medical files per State and Federal regulations. Assist with the development and changes of policies and procedures for medication administration as well as oversight of the pharmacy.
- Must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior supervisory experience as a charge nurse in an outpatient/residential substance abuse treatment facility or Behavioral Health unit preferred
- Must be CPR, First Aid, and BLS certified
- Oversight of the LPN nursing team, including medication services, admissions and lab services. Supervision shall occur at least monthly or more often if warranted by client health needs
- Development of schedules for nursing team and providing coverage when needed to fill gaps to ensure all shifts are covered within the facility
- Provide oversight of inventory, ordering, receiving and accountability of medication/inventory control in conjunction with the other pharmacy personnel as required by the DEA and state regulatory bodies
- Ensure the Diversion Control Plan is in place and is enforced at all times within the facility
- Consult in the development of the policies and procedures for medication administration or assistance with self-administration of medication or both
- Administer/dispense medication under the direction of the physician
- Ensure the treatment plan of the physician or Medical Director is adhered to within the facility
- Administer and interpret Monteux testing
- Schedule appointments for clients to see the physician, provide lab work and referrals for additional follow up care
- Provide training to nursing staff in medical and health/safety matters as well as properly maintaining medical equipment
- Assess client response to treatment and medication dosage/interactions and determine appropriateness for dosing
- Participate in case conferences, offering professional observations
- Must document Nursing Progress Notes on all clients
- Orders medical supplies, maintain a proper inventory and record of use as per regulations
- Maintain all medical records including but not limited to individual charts, daily medication charts, dosage records, progress notes, Doctor’s orders, etc., as required
- Educate clients about methadone/buprenorphine and their side effects
- Counsel clients re: personal hygiene, abnormal lab results, HIV/AIDS testing, and all medical matters including changes in treatment
- Discuss with physician and staff important changes in treatment or noted patterns of behavior affecting treatment
- Provide referral for specialized care at local health centers (e.g., Planned Parenthood, prenatal clinic, HIV/AIDS testing sites, etc.) and follows-up on clients’ attendance and treatment