We are Recovery Works, a 32 bed Residential Treatment Center located in Cambridge City, Indiana. We are part of Pinnacle Treatment Centers. We are seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner to work per diem.
Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in eight states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia,Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio). Pinnacle works under the names Pinnacle Treatment Centers, Recovery Works and Endeavor House and are known well in the communities in which it operates.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient,medication assisted treatment and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
We have a systematic growth plan, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our leadership team. We will offer the right individuals the opportunity to grow with us. We are building a team of talented professionals and with our size today and in the near future will have the ability to provide mobility opportunities to those that join us.
The Nurse Practitioner works in collaboration with physician regarding medication treatment, plans, discharges. Within the Facility; assist and be responsible for clients during appointments.
QUALIFICATIONS: Current Certification as Advanced Nurse in Indiana. Prior nursing experience in Substance Abuse treatment preferred.
- Understands how to administer/dispense medication under direction of physician.
- Works with and helps trains RNs and LPNs on staff to provide quality medical care to clients.
- Ensure the treatment plan of the physician or Medical Director is being followed.
- Administers or oversite of PPD test and reading
- Makes appointments for clients to see physician, with follow up treatment plans. Order and provide lab work and referrals for additional follow up care.
- Assists in training staff in medical and health and safety matters as well as assisting in properly maintaining medical equipment.
- Maintain and keep updated all medical records and documentation pertaining to the clients.
- Maintain contact with community medical personnel.
- Shall assist in the development and revision of policies and procedures for medication compliance.
- Provide training for staff development specific to health care needs i.e. CPR, First Aid, Blood Pressure, etc.
- Purchasing and ordering of medical supplies.
- When necessary, educates clients about methadone maintenance and detoxification as well as side effects and provides education to clients on lab results and all medical matters.
- Educates pregnant patients about prenatal care and assists primary counselor in coordinating outside services as needed.
- Conducts Intake and Physical Exams under the direction of the Medical Director or Physician.